[vdr] Re: [Bug or Feature?] - wrong owner of recording dirs.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 01:56:35PM +0200, DOm wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i don't know if it is a bug or a desired behaviour, but on my system vdr
> creates recording dirs with owner "root" even if it was launched by
> another user. I noted this on a software only setup
> (softdevice+streamdev) on witch i lauch vdr without superuser
> permissions and have a local VIDEODIR in the normal-user home directory.

Addendum to other mail:

If you switch of change-uid, then you have to make sure that you have
the permissions for all needed resouces!

On my system(Debian) the device-files are in the group "video", so you
must add you user to this group.
adduser <username> video
(You have to logout/login the user after the change!)

And don't forget to chown all dirs to you user.

Bis denn