[vdr] Re: xmltv2vdr and VDR

This worked great for me with tv_grab_no |tv_sort tnx :)

But the EPG I get for Canal+ over the DVB is still better as it has "Sub
desctiption"

Eg:
E 37972 1082413800 1500 60
T Røda rummet
S De danska romanerna har svært att hitta till Sverige trots resundsbron
D Bara en enda dansk roman kommer på svenska

xml2vdr only do D part not the S part.

However the epg.data format is clearly very limited, and the XMLTV .xml
can be very detailed. For instance:
  <programme start="20040420013000 +0200" channel="002.tv.tv2.dk">
    <title lang="da">Carmen</title>
    <title>Carmen</title>
    <desc lang="da">Spansk dansedrama fra 1983. Blah. </desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Carlos Saura</director>
      <actor>Antonio Gades</actor>
      <actor>Laura Del Sol</actor>
      <actor>Paco de Lucia</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>1983</date>
    <video>
      <present>yes</present>
      <colour>yes</colour>
      <aspect>4:3</aspect>
    </video>
  </programme>

Try representing all that in epg.data and you will run out of characters
:) So I guess someone will have to write an XMLTV EPG plugin!

--
Mvh. Are Årseth
| are at arseth.org | aaarseth at atmel.com |