[vdr] Re: vdr 1.2.6, Nexus & Hyperthreading/SMP

> From: Udo Wolter [mailto:uwp@dicke-aersche.de]
>> - vdr 1.2.6
>> - 2x DVB-C cards
>> - 1x DVB-S cards

>Wow. Do you really need this ? :)

Of course.. :-) Finnish DVB-T/C is on 3 transponders, the most important channels coming from 2 transponders. So to view other channel from other transponder than recording... DVB-S is just for free music channels.

One DVB-C is FF card, others are budget ones.

>BTW, it should also be possible to record several programmes as long as they
>are on the same transponder. I tried it with acpi=off (no hyperthreading)
>and could record 2 programmes at once. Recording 3 programmes leaded to
>a crash of the vdr program. At first it got more and more errors and

With my setup (ATA-100 disk) I have tried 4 simultaneous recording threads and a replay at the same time without any problems. I think I can push system even more, but my current fragmentation of /video -partition might cause too much IO-bottleneck. (Cutting 30min ~ 1GB recording used to take
about 30sec, now it takes about 2 minutes).

/Jori