[vdr] Re: Nova-s USB problems

Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard@ghs.fr> wrote:
> hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:

> > Please keep us posted about the success - I'm interested in such a device
> > as well because my VIA EPIA Board has only one PCI slot...
> >

> There exist PCI riser cards with a PCI-to-PCI bridge on them, that allow
> to connect 2 (or more) PCI cards on 1 mobo PCI slot.
> I don't have an URL at hand now.

Yes I know, but my VDR is inside a Morex Cubid case which isn't big
enough to accomodate a second card without major modifications, and
the VIA Epia boards already use a riser card inside these cases. So -
external is the only option except getting a totally different case and
maybe board. There is supposed to be a 2-slot riser card for the Epias
but these are hard to find.

--
 "Secrecy is the first essential in the affairs of the State."
  --Cardinal Armand Jean du Plessis, Duc de Richelieu (1585-1642).