[vdr] Re: Some hardware-questions

> That's something i want to try, too. Perhaps it is possible to reduce
> the boot up time by the 10 seconds that are needed by the original epia
> bios.

According to the specs should the Epia m2 board have this: 2/4Mbit flash
memory. This could probably fit a nicely compressed kernel image :-)

> I would be interested in the times that are needed to load the image file.

That will take some time until I will have everything up and running :-)

> I know the feeling. And additional i have build the board into an old cd
> player so it fits perfectly into my hifi components (from Kenwood).

I was thinking on building the whole thing into an old thick book, and place
it into my bookshelf. But the heat would probably have been a big problem...

One other thing that came into my mind was to put the whole thing inside my
television. I guess there should be enough space to fit everything inside
that...

That will however be my next project :-)

René