[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.2.2 plugin

Hi,

Mike Frisch wrote:

- OSD update in xine is now optimized to VDR's dirty OSD area.
Can you elaborate on this fix?
Well, VDR told me to update the OSD although nothing had changed. As my plugin didn't look on VDR's dirty OSD area in the previous releases, it always told xine to update it's OSD. That behaviour caused xine's event queue to run full, when playing a recording in slow motion, and an OSD was on screen.

Would this be related to the incorrect display of the OSD when using
xine?  I find that if I let xine set the geometry to the strem size, the
OSD is not displayed correctly.  Only when the "No Signal" screen is up
(ie. not tuned to a channel) does the OSD display correctly.
No, it doesn't address OSD scaling. xine blends the OSD into raw video images and if a channel broadcasts at 480x576, then a larger OSD will not fit on screen.

But you man want to switch to unscaled OSD (see xine plugin's setup menu).

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de