[vdr] Weird segfault with 1.3.7

I just installed 1.3.7 to my system and it compiled fine (no errors or
anything) and runs otherwise well but when I give vdr specific arguments
from command line I get immediately segfault. I can run it with -w
without any problems but if I try vdr --help or to load it with some
plugin it doesn't start at all and I only get a segfault ("Muistialueen
ylitys" in Finnish).

Before installing 1.3.7, I was using 1.2.6 and I didn't have any
problems like this with it.

Does anyone have ideas about what could cause this?

[root@localhost VDR]# ./vdr --help
Muistialueen ylitys
[root@localhost VDR]# ./vdr -Pdvd
Muistialueen ylitys