[vdr] Glitches in recordings and transfermode (not related to 1.3.x)

Hi all,

since some months I've glitches/small distortions in recordings or by
using transfermode. If I remember correctly the problem starts when vdr
and the driver starts supporting timeshift. Before this point the problem
was gone - but earlier this problem was there and it was fixed by a driver
update (if I remember correctly - I'm just too long involved in VDR ...).

The distortions look like missing frames/packets in the audio or the video
frames. Sometimes they are visible as mpeg-artefacts or hearable as
clicking noise (I'm using spdif output and a interruption of the pcm
stream is hearable as loud click).

If I record more than one stream the distortions are more. Because of this
I thought it's a problem with my old one-card system. This weekend I
reinstalled the whole box, put in an additional nova card, installed a
fresh linux distribution (mandrake 10 with kernel 2.6.6) and fresh vdr
(1.3.7). I'm using the dvb-driver from the kernel. The problem still
exists.

If anyone care I've cut a distortion unto a vdr recording.
http://www.lindy.cc/hagie/test_sample.tar The distortion is in the middle
of the recording.

The Box is a Intel 810/815 Chipset Mainboard with a 1300 MHz Celeron
(Tualatin).

before I used vdr 1.2.7 and dvb drivers from Nov. 2003 I guess with one
DVB-S 1.3
actual I'm using 1.3.7 and dvb drivers from Kernel 2.6.6. with DVB-S 1.3
and a Activy Nova DVB-S

What I've checked or changed:
- I've played in the BIOS with several Latency Settings
- I've changed the PCI Bus Latency Settings by using setpci
- I've doubled all buffers in VDR
- I've checked that every Card got it's own IRQ

Hopefully anyone got an idea where I can look further for the problem.

Tia
Stefan