[vdr] Re: can I run VDR without root password

Le mer 02/06/2004 à 09:14, Andreas Breitenbach a écrit :

> > I have probably missed something in the doc but each time I run VDR it
> > asks for the root password. My other half expressed the desire to be
> > able to use VDR as easily as the "ordinary tele" and I do not give my
> > root password to the kids...
> >
> > VDR only runs in the evening or when I am not using my computer for
> > work. That is why it is not on all day.
>
> What about starting VDR on a special runlevel (e.g 4) only?
> You can change runlevel, controlled by a cron job, to do it.

The dish is shared between analog tuner and digital tuner. If I leave
VDR running the analog tuner can't get a hold on the LNB. Analog is used
for French channels that aren't available on digital without
subscription.

I guess sudo is the only answer.

Ta

Tony Grant