[vdr] DVB drivers in 2.6 kernel, VDR 1.3.8 and TT DVB-C 2.1?

hagrid writes:
 > After just using VDR for half a year (if it works, don't fix it)
 > I now wish to get this thing running on my new machine.
 > This one has Mandrake 10.0 community with 2.6.3-4 kernel.
 >
 > I notice the kernel has already DVB drivers as modules, so
 > I guess my TT DVB-C 2.1 should be supported without compiling

For me, kernel 2.6.5 kernel DVB modules did not work for budget DVB-C,
but now I have 2.6.6-bk7 which worked without any problems.

So if you want to use kernel drivers directly from the kernel source
you should probably get the newest kernel source and recompile.

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index