[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

> Just curious, but do remotes in Europe have coloured buttons on them
> like this?  Here in North America, they do not.  I am just curious to
> know where this concept of coloured "action" buttons came from.

Really? When I think about it, the first remotes I used with colours was
the Philips ones. They were then promoted as "Easy To Use". I believe that
the RC infrared codes that Philips use has become a de facto IR standard,
and perhaps thats why you now see colour buttons everywhere :)

> Ok, now we are getting somewhere...  perhaps the STBs that I am used to
> are very different in operation from the STBs you guys are used to?

I can say one thing, compared to the c**p Grundig reciever that Canal
Digital delivered to me, VDR is miles and miles beyond. But when it comes
to UI, I think that we can never agree on one thing. (Unless someone could
get Apple to design one from scratch that is ;) But VDR is plugin and
hacker friendly, and it really should be possible to design a completely
new UI with skins / plugins, or isn't it?

--
Mvh. Are Årseth
| are at arseth.org | aaarseth at atmel.com |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index