[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 02:45, Ralf Klueber wrote:
> > Well, then let's take a look at a simple example: in, for
> > instance, the
> > the "Recordings" menu, how would you delete a recording with
> > just the arrow keys and the "Ok" button?
>
> Pressing OK opens ALWAYS a simple Submenu.
> There you have the options "view, delete, reccmds, ...".

Personally, I don't see very wrong with the current ui.

Pressing OK does not open a submenu on my vdr.  Pressing OK plays the
recording.

Or are you saying this is how things *should* be?

I think a 'colourless' mode may be useful.  In this mode OK takes you to
the bottom of the screen with a cursor that selects between the 4
current colour options.  With a bit of luck doing this may only require
changes to one part of vdr (this is a guess, I have not looked at the
code)

> It is possible, but I agree absolutely with Klaus.
> No changes necessary!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index