[vdr] Re: problem with vcd-plugin -> OSD-design considerations

Guido Fiala wrote:

> If someone can confirm this maybe its something to consider in the new OSD
> too...
>
> if one plays a VCD with NTSC-format parts of the OSD lay beyond the screen
> coordinates:
> The replay-bar is completly below outside and the main-menu is vertically
> stretched.
>
> At least here with vdr 1.2.6 - is this already being adressed using the new
> vdr-1.3.x OSD?
>
> For the replay-bar one can simply move it up, but for all other plugins
> accessing the OSD during NTSC-replay ???
>
> Maybe its possible to use video-format independend coordinates for the
> OSD-interface

The cDevice::GetVideoSystem() function can be used to determine whether
PAL or NTSC is being shown. I guess it should be sufficient to have a
function that returns the value of Setup.OSDHeight, adjusted to the
current tv system.

> (and very likely a different font) ...just an idea.

Why a different font?

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index