[vdr] Re: EPG bugfix statistics

Palko Jukka wrote:

> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: Fix     Hits    Channels
> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: 0       16      Nelonen Plus, YLE TV1, YLE TV2, Nelonen, YLE Teema
> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: 2       3       YLE Teema
> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: 5       3       Subtv, YLE Teema
> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: 6       136     Subtv, YLE TV1, YLE TV2, MTV3, Nelonen Plus, YLEQ, YLE FST, Nelonen, YLE24, YLE Teema, ...
> > > Jun  6 05:00:00 dvb vdr[16545]: 7       5329    YLE Teema, YLE FST, YLE TV1, MTV3, YLE TV2, YLE24, Subtv, Nelonen, Nelonen Plus, ...
> > > Just thought I'd ask here about this whether there is something I can do
> > > or is there somebody in Finland (me being in Turku also) who I should
> > > tell about this. :)
> >
> > It says:
> >
> > IF SOMEBODY WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE EPG DATA FOR ONE OF THE LISTED
> > CHANNELS READS THIS: PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUNCTION cEvent::FixEpgBugs()
> > IN VDR/epg.c TO LEARN WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR DATA, AND FIX IT!
> >
> > So if you are working at one of the listed broadcasting stations
> > please take the necessary actions to fix your EPG data.
>
> That's what I thought it might be, just wanted to check. :)
>
> > If you are just a "normal" viewer, just disregard it.
> > Or, maybe contact your broadcaster and tell them about what they are doing wrong ;-)
>
> Hmmm... I just don't know what to tell them about it being not that
> skilled in DVB/EPG technologies. :)
>
> Would like to give that feedback though to them. ;)

See the numbers in the "Fix" column (0, 2, 5, 6 and 7) and look them up
in VDR/epg.c. You'll find them in the function cEvent::FixEpgBugs(), as
the first argument in the various call to EpgBugFixStat(). Right above
each code sequence is a comment, indicating what's wrong. Here's a complete
list:

Fix 0:

     // Some channels put too much information into the ShortText and leave the
     // Description empty:
     //
     // Title
     // (NAT, Year Min')[ ["ShortText". ]Description]

Fix 1:

     // Some channels put the ShortText in quotes and use either the ShortText
     // or the Description field, depending on how long the string is:
     //
     // Title
     // "ShortText". Description

Fix 2:

     // Some channels put the Description into the ShortText (preceeded
     // by a blank) if there is no actual ShortText and the Description
     // is short enough:
     //
     // Title
     //  Description

Fix 3:

     // Sometimes they repeat the Title in the ShortText:
     //
     // Title
     // Title

Fix 4:

     // Some channels put the ShortText between double quotes, which is nothing
     // but annoying (some even put a '.' after the closing '"'):
     //
     // Title
     // "ShortText"[.]

Fix 5:

     // Some channels apparently try to do some formatting in the texts,
     // which is a bad idea because they have no way of knowing the width
     // of the window that will actually display the text.

Fix 6:

     // Some channels put a whole lot of information in the ShortText and leave
     // the Description totally empty. So if the ShortText length exceeds
     // MAX_USEFUL_EPISODE_LENGTH, let's put this into the Description
     // instead:

Fix 7:

     // Some channels put the same information into ShortText and Description.

Good luck trying to contact somebody who is actually in charge of teh EPG
data. I tried this a while ago with the ZDF channels because in their EPG
often the description text is curt off in the middle of a word. Apparently
they are unable to fix this...

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index