[vdr] Re: Switch from DVB-C -> DVB-S

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 08:37, Rainer Fleischhacker wrote:
> Hello all,
> in the near future I want to switch from my DVB-C Siemens(full featured) to
> a full featured DVB-S Card. Which card is your favourite? Must I think
> something special about the sattelite antenna ?
>
> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Yours Rainer

Hello,

I would recommend that you buy a TT (hauppauge, siemes, .. whatever) rev. 1.6
card. Only cards with rev. 1.3,1.5,1.6 are able to provide RGB-output. Cards
with rev. 1.3 are getting pretty hot in contrast to higher rev. boards (2.1).
So heat might be a point to consider.

As to the satellite dish, only make sure that you get a universal (single,
twin, quattro) lnb. That depends on how much 'clients' you have. each DVB
card or settopbox needs one lnb connector. you cannot share a single lnb with
two dvb cards for example. (because of different polarization and hi/low band
signals).

Tom

Home | Main Index | Thread Index