[vdr] Re: EPG bugfix statistics

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:19:38AM +0300, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
> >In Finland this would be Digita. But good luck in trying to get something
> >to happen there... The EPG has been fubar since I started using VDR a year
> >and a half ago, and still no signs of even some kind of willingness to fix
> >it, or even an acknowledgement of the problem. It's scary that with such
> >incompetent entities handling the DVB transmissions, we're still supposed
> >to turn of the analog TV transmissions in 2-3 years (don't remember
> >exactly).
>
> Digita uses something they call 'Nordic-DVB' or something like it.
> in there the Extended field of EPG is defined as 'optional'

How very nice of them... Well, this does cause interesting channel
infos... Like the following:

Temptation Island
normal definition in short desc, extended: "american teenage horror series"

Documentary about mother-in-laws etc
normal definition in short desc, extended: "free wrestling"

:-D

--
     Jukka Palko        jpalko@vapaa.fi
     Postmaster         jpalko@ipi.fi