[vdr] Re: VDR and TV OUT

Vladimir Shved" wrote
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>

> Hi,
> I'm new and trying to get all hardware together for VDR system, got
> everything except not sure if I need video card with TV-Out, the
motherboard
> has video card built-in but no TV-Out connection but the DVB-S
> card(Nexus-S) has TV-Out. Does VDR needs video card with TV-Out connection
> or can it utilize DVB cards output for TV out? I mean it might get the
> actual video but will it get the OSD and all menu system on there too?
> Thanks.

No, you can use the video output on the nexus card and yes it will show the
OSD also. A way to improve the video quality is to use S-VHS or RGB
connection
that was available on some DVB cards as header (J2)
I'm not sure if the nexus has the J2 and even then, there's no commercial
avaliable cable
to connect the J2.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index