[vdr] Re: easy Time-Shifting

well there really should be no need to.. normal recordings would be delt
with as they are now . but instant pause would be held in either a temp file
or on the ram disk. It would only be accessable through the osd with the
pause play forward rewind buttons and would only show up in the record menu
if record was pressed. Basically it would be seamlesss you could be watching
tv as normal and say you hit rewind .. vdr continues to fill the ram buffer
but you can rewind as far as is allowed/exsists in ram and continue watching
at any point in ram or instantly goto the end using the direction buttons
and the okay button.

ie. Your watching tv .. something happens you want to see again .. you press
ok which brings up the info menu.. in this menu would be a progress bar like
if you were watching a recording but it would show you your place in the
program in ram .. you use the direction keys to rewind pressing once to go
1x pressing twice to go 2x pressing 3x you go back at 3x the speed to when
you see where you want to be .. then you press play or ok .. watch it again
and again .. or press forward and move to where you left off .. all the
while vdr continues to fill the ram drive with current video and the
progress bar helps to show you where you are in the program.. if you change
the channels it is dumped and starts again.

Sincerly
James

---