[vdr] Re: playback problem (NTPL?)

Hi,
I also have playback problems with vdr - with both stereo and ac3 recordings

I am using vdr 1.3.6, dxr3 plugin 0.2.2 , cvs dvb-kernel drivers, cvs dxr3
drivers, kernel 2.6.7.rc2, fedora 2.

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T revision 1.2 with a tda10045h frontend.
I have a Hollywood plus with  adv717x chipset.

I get stuttering audio/video and then vdr crashes and restarts.

I have exported LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

I am happy to provide any system info, strace output, anything that could
help troubleshoot the cause.

Anthony.

Sample recordings details:
[root@mmc The_Lost_Worlds:_The_Story_of_Archaeology]# vdrsync.pl -i
2004-06-12.12\:58.50.99.rec/001.vdr
Got parameter -i
Got parameter 2004-06-12.12:58.50.99.rec/001.vdr
Initialising and analysing the streams....
  10 Mbytes of 0 read
Created new MPEG stream object for stream ea, master video stream

Created new MPEG stream object for stream c0

Created new MPEG stream object for stream bd
analysed the first 2000 packets...
Total Input Size is 2097339421

audio stream bd info (AC3_audio):
Sample frequency:    48000
Bitrate:             448000
Mode:                2/0
Frame length (bytes) 1792
Frame length (ticks) 2880 (90000 / sec)

audio stream c0 info (MPEG1_Layer_2):
Sample frequency:    48000
Bitrate:             256000
Mode:                stereo
Frame length (bytes) 768
Frame length (ticks) 2160 (90000 / sec)

video stream ea info:
Frame length (ticks) 3600 (90000 / sec)
Aspect ratio         16:9
Horizontal size      720
Vertical size        576
Frames per Second    25
Bitrate:             15000000

[root@mmc @Bridget_Joness_Diary__]# vdrsync.pl -i
2004-06-12.21\:06.10.01.rec/001.vdr
Got parameter -i
Got parameter 2004-06-12.21:06.10.01.rec/001.vdr
Initialising and analysing the streams....
  10 Mbytes of 0 read
Created new MPEG stream object for stream ea, master video stream

Created new MPEG stream object for stream c0
analysed the first 2000 packets...
Total Input Size is 1365316189

audio stream c0 info (MPEG1_Layer_2):
Sample frequency:    48000
Bitrate:             192000
Mode:                stereo
Frame length (bytes) 576
Frame length (ticks) 2160 (90000 / sec)

video stream ea info:
Frame length (ticks) 3600 (90000 / sec)
Aspect ratio         16:9
Horizontal size      720
Vertical size        576
Frames per Second    25
Bitrate:             15000000

> Hi !
>
> I have recently upgraded to Mandrake 10 OE. I have learned that Mdk10
> seems to
> use the new threading (I have export LD_ASSUME.... and afterwards at least
> exit of vdr runs clean again). The only thing that i see is that i have
> playback problems. I can' playback recordings. If i do so i get only
> stuttering video and audio. Is there a patch out there or did i forgot an
> export of an environment variable ?
>
> Thanks for any input :)
>
> Regards
>
> Steffen