[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Howto upgrade a full-featured dvb-s cardto 4 MByte SDRAM

Hi,

Oliver Endriss schrieb:
On Monday 14 June 2004 15:00, Joerg Schneide wrote:
What is the maximum timing of the SDRAM-Chip?

According to the data sheet, the SDRAM operates at 81 MHz clock
frequency. I suggest to use 10ns SDRAMs or better.
I asked because I found a 15ns chip on some scrap board,
but it had some kind of bank switching and I found no detailed datasheet.

But then I found the same chip soldered on my card (but with 6ns) on a defective
Maxtor 20GB HD, works fine.

Thank you for this nice DVB card improvement!
Great work!
But how did you do it, testing all the traces on the AV7111 with a special
firmware that switches SCS2 in special manner?

Jörg.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index