[vdr] vdr with dxr3 & dvb subtitles leaking memory

Hi,

I'm running a vdr system with a dvb-c card (WinTV Nova -like, no hw mpeg2
decoder) and a Hollywood+ decoder card.

I would like to use the dxr3 plugin for tv out and the DVB Subtitles plugin
to get the ETSI spec subtitles, that are used by some channels here in
Finland. The problem is that the above setup leaks memory rather fast,
making the system unusable.

First I assumed, that it was the DVB Subtitles plugin, that was leaking, but
now I'm pretty convinced, that it actually is the dxr3 plugin. I came to
this conclusion by running vdr with only the drx3 plugin loaded (vdr -Pdxr3)
and toggling the osd menu on and off. It appears that each on/off cycle of
the menu consumes ~52 kB of memory. I observed this just by running top
while toggling.

I assume, the DVB Subtitles plugin might be using some same methods to
actually display the subtitles, as the osd does? The fact that subtitles are
diplayed so frequently, compared to osd navigation, makes the memory leakage
a real problem. Does this sound right? Has anyone has similar experiences
with the dxr3 plugin? Any ideas, how to get around this?

Configs tested with Fedora Core 1

vdr-1.2.6
dxr3-0.2.2
subtitles-0.1.4