[vdr] Re: Black Border on BBC TV sport transmissions

I demand that Brian Dorling may or may not have written...

> anyone else watching the European Football on BBC via sat?

No, or at least I'm not. (DVB-T.)

> Even the Wimbledon transmissions have the same effect. I have the strange
> effect that there is a black border around the screen. I checked the
> properties and according to projectX they are sending;

> -> video basics: 720*576 @ 25fps @ 0.7031 (16:9) @ 15000000bps,

> So it really looks as if they are sending a black border.

They are. There may be something else in the stream which indicates this, but
I doubt it; I see a black border even on my TV (4:3, with a DVB-T STB).

> I tried 4*3 and 16*9 seettings in VDR and that just screws up the
> proportions.

You /could/ use a 16:9 display... ;-)

> Is this normal for BBC Sport?

It's normal for the BBC and Channel 5. ITV and C4 generally get it right,
IME, though you've probably noticed the borders which ITV Sport are using...

FWIW, I have a few commands for this kind of thing in my
~/.gxine/keybindings: set_zoom(133), set_zoom(114) and set_zoom(100).

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   I don't ask for much, just untold riches...

I'd like to, but I'm going through cherry cheesecake withdrawal.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index