[vdr] Re: [OT]Analog plugin : recording en some other things

Hi!

> I receive a analog plugin tomorrow but wonder if it's possible to record
> analog video streams or in case that it needs to be in mpeg format, would a
> Via C3 1Ghz Nemiah core be fast enough to do the encoding ? Nemiah core is
> bit faster then ezra.

I'm using a 1GH Via C3 Ezra and I got an average CPU usage of 50% when
encoding with mp1e to MPEG1. With a Via C3 Nehemiah you should have a look at
"patches/mp1e.patch" where I introduced the support of the Via C3 chips and
add the SSE - support (I think the Nehemiah has got SSE and Ezra hasn't)

for example here: http://www.wolfsoft.de/dvb.htm

> Video connection:
> First time that I'll be using two DVB cards. Do I need to connect both
> outputs or is just one enough
> that shows both video and OSD using the output of one card , so even if
> tghe other card receives the data?

one connected output is enough.

Cheers
Tobias

BTW: Please don't reply to another message when starting a new topic,
this is breaking threads in mail-clients that sort by threads!
Please write one email for one topic!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index