[vdr] Re: If you want great vdr experience and no fuss use Suse 9.1 !

I demand that Ludwig Nussel may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that Ludwig Nussel may or may not have written...
[snip]
>>> The patch you posted apparently is not in the SUSE kernel. All frontend
>>> modules are loaded by the dvb init script on SUSE since frontends can't
>>> be autodetected.
>> I don't know... is it the case that you could have two DVB cards with
>> identical primary and subsystem PCI IDs yet have different tuners? If so
>> then yes, I'll agree.

> No idea, maybe.

Looking at the other followup, I see that there's at least one idiot
manufacturer out there...

[snip]
>> BTW, from where are these scripts downloadable? Does it, by any chance,
>> put a file in /etc/modprobe.d? :-)

> What scripts to you mean? Nothing dvb related is put to modprobe.d.

_You_ mentioned "the dvb init script on SUSE"...

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

asleep%=FALSE:sleep%=0:REPEAT sleep%+=1:UNTIL asleep%

Home | Main Index | Thread Index