From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Stephan Skrodzki
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 10:07 PM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] ACPI standby (susp. to RAM) support?

As I have this running on my laptop now since a few days, it seems that it
is
now more or less supportet by Kernel 2.6, and it appears to me  as one  of
the
best possibilities to make my vdr start really fast.

So, before I start fighting against all that stuff (finding right kernel,
looking for right modules etc.etc.), my question is if this is feasible for
vdr at all, or are there any basic reasons against trying this...

So: has anybody tried "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" and how does this work out

with vdr?

Regards
 Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index