[vdr] Re: vdr integration into Freevo

Tobias Bartel wrote:
> Dirk Meyer schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm one of the developers of Freevo (freevo.sf.net) and own a DVB-T
>> card for three weeks now. On a quick look, it looks like Freevo and
>> vdr have the same purpose, but IMHO this is not the case.
>
> ok, quite sometime since i used freevo but why don't you use mplayer
> inorder use your dvb card?

We do right now.

> i mean you just want to watch tv and you don't intend to use the tv
> out feature of the ff cards, right?

It's possible to watch tv with mplayer, also possible to use it as
recorder. But I have no live pause and mplayer locks the device and I
can't record and watch at the same time (wich is possible with vdr
when they are on the same frequence). There are also nice vdr plugins
like noad.

Dischi

--
Trust no one - umask 777