[vdr] Re: solution: Access the plugins of SVDRP

Hardy Flor wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> this patch (attached) allow any plugin using the svdr-protokoll by a
> simple parse the given line, after vdr checked this line.
> also included is the help-system with the svdrp-command 'HELP'
>
> the patch is available under
> http://www.fast-info.de/vdr/status/index.htm
>
> The plugin status+question demonstration the use of the new interface.
> With this plugin can a script interactive with the user.
>
> Hardy
>
>                        Name: svdrp_0.0.1.diff
>    svdrp_0.0.1.diff    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                    Encoding: base64

Just for the record: this is not the way this will go into the
official VDR source, because it would require all plugins to use
mutually exclusive command names (which clearly can't be guaranteed).

A proper implementation will define a new SVDRP command PLUG, with syntax

      Sends the given command with its optional parameters to the
      given plugin. Without any options, PLUG lists all plugins that
      implement any SVDRP commands. 'PLUG <plugin> HELP' lists all
      SVDRP commands a particular plugin implements, and
      'PLUG <plugin> HELP <command>' lists the detailed help for
      a given command.

I just don't have the time right now to implement this, but I wanted to
warn those who think of using this patch that this will be done differently
later.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index