[vdr] Re: OSD Memory

Where did you get the 90kb number from ?  Its not that I question the
number but just curious how it was obtained.  Also, do you know what
actually determiens how much memory is given to the OSD ?  I'm
wondering if it would be possible to increase it.  What I'd really
like to do is create a 720x240x4bpp window and another 360x240x4bb
window (roughly 126KB).  I suspect the firmware is responsible for
managing this memory so I'm guessing this is possible without
modifying the firmware (I'd also like to avoid soldering on the extra
SDRAM :-)).

Thank You,
bball

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:38:09 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<klaus.schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Jeremy Jones wrote:
> >
> > On a Nexus-s (not modded with extra SDRAM) how much memory is
> > available for the OSD ?
>
> AFAIK the amount of SDRAM available for the OSD is always around 90KB.
>
> > Should I be able to create a 720x240 window
> > with 4-bit color depth ?
>
> 720 x 240 / 2 = 86400
>
> so I'd say yes.
>
> Klaus