[vdr] Troubles with Nova-S and DVB-S

Hoping that you experts can tell me how to start locating where my problems
lie...

I've got a 3 card system - 1.3 DVB-S, Nova-T and Nova-S (in that order).
Everything worked fine until a week or so ago. Now, I only occasionally get
a picture and sound when watching channels tuned through the Nova-S (I
should add that each card has a separate input - i.e. no LNB sharing). The
Femon plugin shows that the signal strength and quality is very good, and
I've double checked the PIDs, but no VPIDS or APIDs are detected. The same
occasionally occurs on the full-featured card too. The Nova-T doesn't
demonstrate any similar problems at all. I've looked in /var/log/messages,
but the only odd thing in there is the DVB-S card occasionally having
problems with its firmware. I've tried running VDR with no plugins at all
(except Femon) but no dice. Where do I start looking to isolate the problem?

Cheers

Iwan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index