[vdr] Re: vdr-softdevice VS. vdr-xine

DOm wrote:
Hallo,

just for information, what do you think about the strong points of
either vdr-xine or vdr-softdevice ??
I like the latter since it seems more lightweight to me, but... what's
your opinion ? :)
With my machine (Toshiba laptop with 1000Mhz Celeron and shitty trident video adapter), softdevice is too slow (I used the xv backend, maybe I should try a newer ffmpeg), while xine works well (I suppose because xine it's more optimized). Softdevice is a lot easier to get running though, so you can try that first and if it doesn't work try xine.
Or just try both and use the one that works best for you.

Bye

--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -