[vdr] howto use a ff DVB-s w/ broken tv-out again?

Hello,

some time ago i broke the tv-out of my DVB-s rev.1.3 :((   Since that time the
broken card was more or less unused but now i want to reuse it in an
additional VDR client in our kitchen.

I plan to use my 'ancient' Pentium120 as a diskless VDR client.

The card still works perfectly. The card decodes the video and provides it via
the v4l interface. So all I need is a simple way to reroute the decoded video
to the tv-out of a graphics card.

What is the easiest way to do that?
What (old) graphic cards do have good tv-outs? matrox400

What program is best to acces the v4l interface? A DirectFB app? mplayer?
xine? Remeber, I only have a P120. It was fast enough for a fully working
DVB-s. But is it also sufficient for this workaround?

any suggenstions are welcomed :)

greetings,

Tom

Home | Main Index | Thread Index