[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Disable EPG for certain channels

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 08:57, Dominique Simon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a feature request for VDR: I would like to disable the EPG Scan for
> certain channels. Can you build in such an option, Klaus?
>
> Some channels just have a lousy EPG and i would like to feed the EPG for such
> channels manually (e.g. by tvmovie2vdr). The enclosed patch doesn't work for
> me...

This sort of thing would be useful in the UK for DVB-T where we only get
now+next EPG data broadcast. I download EPG data for the week and feed
it into vdr with xmltv2vdr. At times, the broadcast EPG data seems to
linger in the schedule, even though I have the EPG linger time set to
zero!

I have the EPG scan timeout set to zero, seeing as it can't do a full
scan anyway, but it could be useful being able to turn off grabbing
broadcast EPG data.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index