[vdr] Choice of cards

Hi all,

Sorry to bither with newbie questions, but after surfing the net,
searching the archives etc I have to take this chance to ask the experts
;-)

I am looking at putting a vdr-system together, the goal is to have it
replace my Sat decoder, vcr, dvd and CD-player with one box. It will
connect to my stereo and TV set. I will probably use a touch-screen for
the console.

I got my hands on a 2.26Ghz PC with 256M RAM and 40Gb disk that would fit.
My problem is which DVB-S card and graphics to use. Should i go for a
combined card (like the Hauppauge Nexus) or a DVB-S only (like the
Hauppauge Nova) and a separate AGP-graphics card with TV-out. I have one
PCI slot and one low-profile AGP slot avalible.

Kind regards,
Anders Sandell

Home | Main Index | Thread Index