[vdr] Re: vdr-remote doesn't find event after vdr restart due to emergency exit

On Friday 30 July 2004 14:25, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:

> >>what kind of driver are you using?
> >
> > - dvb-kernel branch linux_2_4 with vanilla kernel 2.4.26
> > - dvb-kernel with vanilla kernel 2.6.7
> >
> >>dvb-kernel with makelinks? but then you have to recompile your kernel
> >>every time you do a new cvs checkout for the dvb-kernel, don't you?
> >
> > No, there is another way:
> > Simply compile dvb-kernel in the build-2.6 directory of the driver.
> > The kernel sources will not be touched, and you can easily test
> > different drivers using the same kernel.
>
> Hm, that's what I do, so I think I didn't get the difference to hotplug
> firmware loader. Would you explain?

You can simply compile the firmware into the driver. No hotplug loader
required. Activate option "Compile AV7110 firmware into the driver" in
your kernel configuration and specify the absolute path to the firmware
file.
You don't have to recompile the kernel. The option must be set because
the driver uses the kernel config file...

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index