[vdr] Re: Softdevice 0.0.7pre2 crash w/ DFB, CLE266

Stefan Lucke wrote:
On Sonntag, 1. August 2004 23:09, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

Stefan Lucke wrote:

[ .. ]

Some time (between 0.0.6 and 0.0.7pre1) dfb-out got its own remote so
learning keys for this one should be ok.
While we're at it : I press keys on the remote, but nothing happens. I just have to wait for some timeout (10 seconds or so).
What exactly is expected here ?
I see the misunderstanding here: I added a "remote" which is for
keyboard input since DFB keycodes as I've seen, are different from
those read from console.
OK : since I'd added "disable-module=keyboard" in "/etc/directfbrc" for some reason (maybe related to softmpeg), softdevice didn't receive keycodes from the console, but only from the ssh term it was run from.
The only little problem : the first message asks to press any key to begin learning : this key must be pressed on the SSH keyboard. Next keys to learn must be pressed on the console keyboard...
But all this is really good : I'll be able to connect the CD player front-panel keys to a standard keyboard controler, and not worry very much about key codes sent by the keys, sonce learning take all this into account !

From the log (epia):
[dfb] Accellerated Functions: FillRectange DrawRectange DrawLine FillTriangle Blit StretchBlit All
stretchblit should work too, but actually it doesn't :-).
I420 gives a full transparent OSD, which is not always readable. What I understand is that semi-transparent OSD should be acheived with YUY2, that you can see on your Matrox, but I can't have on the EPIA ?
Current answer is yes, but ..
You tested softmpeg too ? Is there a semi transparent OSD available ?
I tested softmpeg, but I still have a strange OSD with it : the screen is all-blue, and the video layer only appears when the OSD is shown. The OSD is alpha-blended (video is dark below the OSD), but noOSD = no video...

Now please sit down : softmpeg appears to change something in directfb that affects softdevice (in another run)...
See the following test (I change /etc/directfbrc and run vdr with either softmpeg or softdevice, then stop vdr an re-run with another) :

pixelformat=ARGB
softdevice : OK
softmpeg : video OK + no OSD at all
pixelformat=AiRGB
softmpeg : video only through OSD
pixelformat=ARGB
softdevice : video only through OSD
softmpeg : video OK + no OSD at all

So : softdevice only shows OSD if pixelformat=ARGB AND softmpeg was never run with pixelformat=AiRGB. To get back a working softdevice's OSD, I need to reboot...
You should talk with Michael Hunold about that : I think there is something about pixel format and alpha that you should both get working (he has an EPIA M 10000, and says it works)... I can provide as many logs as you wish.

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index