[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

On Mittwoch, 4. August 2004 07:19, Thomas Weber wrote:
> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce release 0.4.3:
> >
> I like your plugin! Its very usable especially with NVidia cards which
> provide xvmc accelleration.
>
> I wonder, however, if its possible/planned to enhance the plugin to play
> also other media types like divx or mp3?
> It would be cool to have a plugin similiar to the mplayer-plugin to
> watch movies. Reencoding (mpeg-pes) wouldnt be needed anymore,
> so performance should be better compared to the current mplayer approach.

Such thing I would like too. To enable this cDevice should be extended to
selectCodec (vcodec,acodec), so that we vdr-xine and vdr-softdevice
may select all of ffmpegs available codecs.

We should make a feature request to Klaus.
Whats your opinion Reinhard ?

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index