[vdr] TV on MIDP2.0 (like 6230)

hi bjoern,

I made a similar system some time ago. I did not yet complete the streaming part, due to server issues, but apart from basic remote
right...it was hard to find a jse bluetooth implementation, because
there is nothing really free. currently i use the one from
www.roccosoft.com, that is free for university and private use...they
implemented jsr-82 on jse. it is working great.

my streaming currently is a capturing with jmf and sending single frames
(png pictures) to the mobile phone. png has to be implemented by every
midp phone...

yesterday i came across the multimedia mobile api..so i am going to try
real streams with 3gpp ..

control functionality, it also included basic support for reading EPG data, and the idea was to be able to handle timers and recordings as well.
cool. if you want to, maybe we can integrate this. i am trying to create
a module-based system. so this could be done as a seperate module...

Another basic idea I had was to be able to use it wherever I was, over the kind of network connection available at the time falling back from Bluetooth to TCP/IP stream, and eventually to HTTP, to provide basic support from anywhere (and every Java enabled phone).
right..tcp/ip is better for debugging too..i use a tcp/ip connector for
debugging sessions instead of the bluetooth connection...

at the moment i am concentrating on local use (bluetooth range); my goal
was a little substitute for a lcd-screen (-> i want to implement some
module with system statistics additionly to the vdr stuff...). so to
say: "a mobile lcd screen" ..

The biggest issue I got into was actually on the server side, since I haven't been coding anything but Java (J2ME/MIDP mostly actually) since I started working with MIDP back in early 2001. I used a simple socket forwarder and connected to the SVDRP, apart from a password based authentication before allowing access..
oh..so you never came across of the real problems with bluetooth and jse
... anyway.. i am going to release the stuff under the GPL ..

my server listens for incoming connections, if it gets the right command
it uses jmf to capture the v4l device.. vdr messages are send to svdrp
...like your socket forwarder..

My goal was to make it a working package, and release as GPL e.g.. The project got a bit hanging, since I currently don't have a JSR82 enabled phone available, etc.. I will probably be continuing the project at some time, hopefully soon, and it would be interesting to collaborate.
great. i think i release some initial version; and you give me response
to it. would do you think?

bye.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index