[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] VirtualSTB

dvb@epmak.info wrote:

Currently it is possible (with some limitations) to run unmodified vdr
(Video Disk Recorder - http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/).
Why would anybody want to do that ?
There are a number of reasons and there are a number of similar threads.
- Why people run *some* Windows software on top of Linux?
- Why people run *some* Linux software on top Windows?

Why?
1) Becouse for some reason I have only one PC at home and for some
reason I need to use Windows for development at home. Im not the only one.
2) There are a number of windows programmers who would like to participate
in OpenSource DVB development. Maybe it is better to join LinuxDVB
community then try to implement everything from the begining?
My point is mainly
- vdr is replacement for 'standard' STB-box
- STB-box stays on 24/7

Running vdr on windows just to see how it works and
generally playing around (like with any windows applications),
is, of cource, recommended.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index