[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] VirtualSTB

Cool! This is exactly what I've been looking for.

I have a client-server VDR system at home. The client is a minimal
hardware (dxr3-only) diskless machine, and the server has all the
hardware I need (3 DVB cards, 5 disks etc). I've been using streamdev,
but it really isn't stable enough to e.g. handle recordings on a client.

Now I could switch to single-VDR configuration and get rid of all my
problems... of course only if virtual DVB devices are stable.

What I would need is a linux-linux virtualization, which appears to be
on your TODO -list. I might be able to help you with the project. If you
need help, please reply via e-mail.

					Teemu (tvr@iki.fi)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index