[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.5.0 plugin

Torgeir Veimo wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 20:43 +0200, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

This would make the OSD which appears at the same time as the no signal
picture to have the same ratio as the next channel being shown, avoiding the change of ratio for the OSD.
The real problem is that I do the scaling in VDR and not in xine (or at
least on request of xine). When VDR wants to show an OSD then xine is
asked about the resolution of the current stream. xine's decoder might
already have the new resolution but xine's output stage is still showing
NO SIGNAL which might have a different resolution.

I'll try to find a solution to match the OSD to current frame resolution instead of stream resolution.
OK. All of these issues are cosmetic and not really too important.
I've just tried using frame resolution and it works better than before. But the issue is still there from time to time.

Could you make it so that xine doesn't hang if started and the vdr input is
selected, but no vdr process is running?
When VDR was shutdown properly then vdr-xine should have removed all fifo files and the directory /tmp/vdr-xine. So xine shouldn't hang but issue an error when VDR is not running (for this normal case).

But I'll have a look at it, though.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl