[vdr] Re: vdrpsend.pl: wrong video device selection for grab

> z-mail@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > hi list!
> >
> > this is a bug/feature request for vdr:
> >
> > when sending the command grab (with vdrpsend.pl) to vdr it grabs a
video
> > image from the wrong device. this is because i have a little unusual
> > configuration.
> > i have an analogue card (autodetected by hotplug as /dev/v4l/video0)
and
> > then the hauppauge dvb card (autodetected as /dev/v4l/video1
> > and /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0).
> >
> > vdr grabs the image from /dev/video0 but it should grab it from the
> first
> > DVB device!
> >
> > of course i can disable the autodetection and insert the modules by
> hand,
> > first the dvb than the analogue tv modules. then the order of
> > the /dev/video is good and vdr grab works as expected. but i think
that
> > this is not the EXPECTED behaviour.
>
> Actually VDR tries to find the offset of the video device in
> cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(int n).
> You might want to debug why this doesn't work in your environment (well,
> maybe
> it doesn't work at all and you could fix it ;-) Here on my system the
> offsets
> are "in sync", so I can't test that.
>
> Klaus

i have taken a closer look at my system.
in "dvbdevice.c" you are looking for the offset of the video device by
looking at: "snprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), "/proc/video/dev/video%d",
ofs);"

but in my system there is no /proc/video subdirectory. i have /proc
mounted but there are no video entries in there. that is why the routine
ends after the (non-succesful) first scan and sets the video device to: "

if (devVideoOffset < 0)
        devVideoOffset = 0;" or more probably leaves it as it is (device
1).

with this value my dvb card works well, because it is the first one in the
sytem. the syslog tells me (with a line before and after the scanning
of /proc/video/dev/video*:reading EPG data from /media/vdr/epg.data

: probing /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
: SCANNING VIDEO OFFSET
--> it is exiting here because /proc/video not found
: SCANNING VIDEO OFFSET DONE
: tuner on device 1 thread started (pid=9943, tid=16386)
: Section handler thread started (pid=9944, tid=32771)
: found 1 video device
: initializing plugin: osdteletext (0.3.2): Displays teletext on the OSD

so the dvb device is found but the video offset is somehow wrong.
where could be the right file on my system to read the video offset from?

i am using Debian, testing with kernel 2.6.7 and the included kernel dvb
driver. maybe i just have to load a module for the proc filesystem.

i have the following video devices in /dev# ls -l * | grep video
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root       10 2004-08-12 08:43 video0 -> v4l/video0
(Hauppauge analogue)
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root       10 2004-08-12 08:44 video1 -> v4l/video1
(Hauppauge DVB)
crw-rw----  1 root video 29, 0 1970-01-01 01:00 0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81, 224 1970-01-01 01:00 vbi0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,   0 1970-01-01 01:00 video0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,   1 1970-01-01 01:00 video1

in /proc# ls -l * | grep video
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 2004-08-12 15:39 cwd -> /sys/class/video4linux
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 0 2004-08-12 15:39 cwd -> /sys/class/video4linux

and in /sys# ls -l * | grep video
drwxr-xr-x    6 root root 0 2004-08-12 08:43 video4linux
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 0 2004-08-12 08:43 video_buf
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 0 2004-08-12 08:43 videodev

in /sys/class/video4linux: radio0  vbi0  video0  video1
video0 subdir containing: card  dev  device  driver  name
name: BT848A video (Hauppauge (bt848)

video1 subdir containing: dev  name
name: av7110

i hope that this helps to solve the problem. i can give you more hints if
needed!

greetings,
sebastian.