[vdr] Re: Looking for testers: streamdev-0.3.3-pre2

Am Samstag, 14. August 2004 00:43 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> Just gave it a try but playback (I mean, live tv) is jerky, with heavy
> artifacts. This is on a wireless client with a slow cpu[*] and the xine
> plugin (didn't try the latest version yet), but 0.3.1 works fine (I just
> reverted to try, not an A-B test but similar).

That doesn't sound too good. Well it has been reported to work more stable on
faster systems, but mostly they had FF or DxR3 cards. Maybe I'll look for a
slower system using xine-output.

> [*] actually with 0.3.3-pre2 cpu usage stays around 30-40%, probably
> because the plugin isn't feeding enough data to xine, while normally
> (i.e with 0.3.1) is at 99%

Well internally I receive the data and buffer a bit, and the procedures
transporting the data take a packet whenever needed.

Maybe you are just loosin too many UDP packets. Try compiling streamdev with
make DEBUG=1 plugins (after make clean) and see if there are any (or many)
"wrong sequence: got %d, expected %d" messages on stdout of the client after
the stream has started.

I get these messages occasionaly one about each 4-5 secs, and mostly none for
a long time.

Greetings,
Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index