[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

Finally I had some time to check this out.

Meanwhile, my MB has changed, including the integrated audio chips.
And I have updated the kernel.  So the results are, well, whatever.

The results of my quick tests:

yes, with vdr-xine-0.4.0 there are no problems using the same xine
source as for vdr-xine-0.4.3.

Returning back to unpatched vdr-xine-0.4.3, surprisingly I do not have
any problems any more!  The reason is that although vdr-xine does
change volume controls of PCM, controlling PCM does not have any
effect on the actual playback through the S/PDIF output!

Well, more tests:

 > To proof, that SetVolume is triggering the problem, would you please omit line
 > 1335 of current xineLib.c. Then it should nolonger restore the volume on
 > client connect.

I found a related line on line 1330, commented out.  Result: no PCM
unmuting any more.

 > And to proof, that the CLEAR should trigger your problem, when correctly
 > implemented, please add the following line after line 414 in current input_vdr.c:
 >
 >        xine_set_param(this->stream, XINE_PARAM_AUDIO_VOLUME, 0);

Hmm, after adding this thing, vdr-xine now changes PCM volume to 0
when starting a playback of a recording.  No changes when going to
trickspeed or back to normal speed, nor at end of playing a
recording.  (and the volume that was there before setting to 0 is not
restored)

 > Speaking of a solution:
 > Currently, I'd suggest that I add a config option to Makefile, as I don't see
 > the need to make it configureable in vdr-xine's setup menu. What do you think
 > about that?

Yes, Makefile is a good place for that.

I'll update next to the new version.  If you wish, I can check these
things for that, too, but otherwise it looks now that it works. (since
vdr-xine controls something totally different than the controls that
have an effect)

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index