[vdr] Re: second language is not recorded

> The method you are referring to is
> "cDvbDevice::ProvidesTransponder(Channel)" but the one called in vdr.c
> just before retuning is
> "cDevice::ActualDevice()->ProvidesTransponder(Channel)"
>
> My C++ knowledge is less than existent, so please correct me if I'm
> wrong. From what I see those are two different methods and the one in
> device.c is always returning false.

This is a "virtual" function. It is resolved at runtime, i.e. if the object
actually is a cDvbDevice, the implementation of cDvbDevice is called, if it
is say a cAnalogDevice the implementation of the function of this class will
be used.
This is a key concept of object oriented languages, you will have to think
over it. In Java e.g., all functions are "virtual" in terms of C++.

Marcel

>   André.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index