[vdr] Re: CAM's ...

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Lars Fredriksson wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have been searching alot this evening to get som info about how cam's
>works in VDR without finding anything ... so is there anyone that can give
>me a real success-story ;-)
>
>Now I have a Nexus-S 2.1 and I'm thinking of buying a 3.5"-interface unit. I
>think I will buy a Conax (Canal Digital @ Thor) subscription so I've been
>looking at a Matrix Revolution CAM.

We have a Hauppauge DVB-c along with the 3.5" CI and a Conax CAM. After
some initial PEBKAC issues it has worked very well for close to a year.
Tuning is a bit slow, it can sometimes take up to and over 5s before a new
encrypted channel is tuned, but when it finally tunes it's hassle free.

--
'Educational' refers to the process, not the object. Although, come to think
of it, some of my teachers could easily have been replaced by a cheeseburger.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index