[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Trouble with softdevice and sound

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 00:05 +0200, Thomas Schloßmacher wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 16:27 +0200, Thomas Schloßmacher wrote:
> > >  Hi all,
> > >  i've insalled VDR with softcevice for my  "TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI
> > > PCI".
> > >  After activating the plugin VRD does'nt start anymore.
> > >  There ist following error-meaasage shown:
> > >  [softdevice-audio] Opening alsa device plughw:0,0
> > [softdevice-audio]
> > > Playback open error: plughw:0,0,  Permission denied FATAL exiting
> >
> > Did you try running as root?

Ok. If playback with other alsa clients is ok, eg with alsaplayer, then
your setup is ok. What soundcard do you have? Is it limited to 48kHz or
44.1kHz playback?

Can you also check if there is any messages in the syslog?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index