[vdr] Remote Control and LIRC trouble - should I use the Remote Control Plugin ?

Hallo,

I sometimes have trouble using my remote control with the build in LIRC
support. It simply does not react anylonger :( If I start irw from the
LIRC package I see that lircd gets the keypresses, so it must be
something with VDR. And after some time VDR reacts again! It mostly
happens when VDR was not used for some time.

Maybe it is the problem that (IIRC) svdrp and lirc can't work at the
same time !?

So I was wondering if it would be better if one used the LIRC support in
the Remote control ?

Any experience ?

Can it be used while using svdrp at the same time ?

I get an error that the remote plugin could not connect to /dev/lircd
(vdr was running as root so it is not rights related), what could be the
trouble ?

I did compile VDR without LIRC support (without REMOTE=LIRC), is that
correct ?

Tried with VDR 1.3.12 and VDR 1.2.6.

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen