[vdr] Re: mp3-plugin 0.9.6 - problems

Hi Stefan,
> Aargh, I should realy stop with these nearly untested last minute
> changes ...

that's the real world ...
> This should fix it:
ok, it seems to work.
> > (iii) problems with audio-cds, if full background-scan activ (no output
> > in the logs, but the vdr freezes).
>
> Well, that's not so easy.
> I have some stuttering auido when playing from cd as well, but
> only until the first pass is completed (i.e. ID3 scan). During
> level scan playback is normal. The problems arise from the fact
> that cdaudio has a much higher bandwidth comparing to mp3, that
> cd drives tend so seek slowly and that libsndfile isn't able to
> do non-blocking io.

this problem (stuttering), I haven't.
> What do you mean exactly by "vdr freezes"?
> Does a watchdog restart happens? Does any thread eats all cpu?
> What are the last messages on the console (not syslog, mp3 debug
> output is on console)?

no watchdog or restart. Also no problem with the cpu-usage. But I can't go
into the OSD, stop the player ...
For the console output I must have a look for monitor and a graphicdevice
Greetings
  Burkhardt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index