[vdr] Re: mp3-plugin 0.9.6 - problems

On 17 Sep 2004 "Lars von Wedel" <vonwedel@web.de> wrote:
> > Now includes some fixes to fully support samplerate changes
> > (also inside a song).
>
> Does that commonly happen? I thought that when sampling from a certain
> source (e.g. CD) the sampling rate is given by the incoming data unless
> the encoder tries to do some weird stuff...

Well, not commonly, but I got a song which starts with samplerate
32000 (in this case due to data corruption) and continues with
44100. I don't know if mixed samplerates are allowed by ISO.

A more common case may be a playlist where the individual songs
have different samplerates. This isn't handled gracefully by the
DVB driver neither, so I added some special magic.
OSS output for this case was broken too, as it switched the DSP
samplerate without taking care of ringbuffer contents (which has
still old samplerate).

--
Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt@gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/