[vdr] Re: Editing recordings crashes VDR. Using dxr3 plugin.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:50:42 -0400
Peace Monk <peace.monk@gmail.com> wrote:

> VDR version is 1.3.12 and dxr3 plugin is vdr-dxr3-0.2.3-pre2
>
> When I use the remote to mark points to edit in my recording, it works
> fine, but when I jump between the markings, VDR hangs for a while, and
> then crashes.
>
> Is this a known problem, and is there any fix available?
>
> Thank you
> Monk.

Hi Monk,

I had the same problem (occurred only with the combination of
dxr3 and subtitles plugins, though...) and I was just about to ask the
same question when I noticed that running vdr with

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.0 vdr -P dxr3  <and so forth>

helps. It has something to do with threads (NPTL to be exact, don't
know the details, but it was discussed here earlier) which vdr doesn't
handle well(at least with dxr3, it seems). Now the cutting works,
although the frames are not updated when pressing 7 or 9, and only
occasionally with 4 and 6, so tuning the cut points is a bit of
guess-and-try at the moment... Any solutions to this?

Best Regards,

Timo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index